SUPPORTING SCHOOLS, CHILDREN, FAMILIES AND OUR COMMUNITY
The Y Academy provides a safe, secure, and healthy environment for students K-12 years old when school is closed. Through encouraging your child in remote learning, providing unique enrichment opportunities, and developing healthy living habits, Y Academy is a place for children to experience achievement, relationship, and belonging. Our goal in Y Academy is to support students through remote learning by providing a space and support. We do not guarantee or provide expertise in subject areas.
- The Y is providing before school care at the schools from 6:30-8 AM and after school until 5:30 PM on the days kids go to school. This program DOES have a cost.
- Wednesdays the school district will provide NO child care. We will offer Y Academy Wednesdays each week. We have a waitlist for this program. Call the YMCA at (217) 234-9494 to be added to the waitlist.
Y Academy Wednesdays
$25/day for members and $30/day for nonmembers.
- Fridays from 6:30 AM-5:30 PM
- Members: $25/day
- Non-Members: $30/day
- School district employees in our service area receive a 15% discount because of our partnership with the schools.
We accept CCR&R assistance. You can get more information about that by contacting the director.
REGISTRATION AND BILLING
- All program registrations and payments will be processed through our online account management system.
- Program spaces will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Fees for the program will be billed weekly with the designated payment method on file regardless of participation.
- Participants will be required to maintain a credit or debit card on file that will be billed automatically through our billing system.
WHAT TO BRING
- Chrome book or device for remote learning. Be sure it is fully charged every day
- Child’s school plan/schedule with child’s login information
- Lunch (We will provide a small breakfast and afternoon snack. You can send extra for your child.)
- Water bottle
As we look to the school year, we will keep the following practices in place and continue to adapt.
- All counselors will be required to wear a face covering when working with children.
- Children have temperatures taken and answer health questions.
- We have significantly increased our cleaning procedures to ensure all high touch surfaces and supplies are cleaned after use.
- We require all students and staff to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- Children stay in their groups, with the same counselors as much as possible.
- Children will be required to wear masks, but will have frequent mask breaks throughout the day.
For more information, contact Kayla Kerner- Youth & Community Sr. Program Director at (217) 234-9494 or firstname.lastname@example.org