UPDATE- August 12, 2020
The Mattoon Area Family YMCA and Neal Center YMCA take the health and safety of our members, staff and community very seriously. In order to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we have committed to following IDPH and DCEO approved safety guidelines in our facilities.
Under the enhanced executive order that was enacted on August 11, 2020, our local health department will be authorized to enforce all safety guidelines. These guidelines state that face masks must be worn by anyone inside a business, including the Y. Violations of this safety guideline can result in a large fine to the Y.
Our goal is to be able to continue to provide our community with opportunities for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, even through the pandemic. Therefore, effective Monday, August 17, 2020, face coverings will be required to be worn by all individuals (members, staff and vendors) inside our Y facilities except during physical activity.
We will continue to follow safety guidelines that include:
- Members sanitizing equipment before and after use
- Frequent cleaning & sanitation by staff of equipment, touchpoints, locker rooms, restrooms and the facility.
- Maintaining six feet of distance between fitness equipment and in fitness classes.
- Members & staff are asked to stay home if exhibiting any symptoms.
- Face coverings (masks) will be required to be worn while inside the facility by all, except during physical activity.
At the Y, the safety of our members, staff and community are our first priority. We are committed to supporting our community during this time of crisis by safely providing programs and services to promote a healthy mind, body and spirit for all.
Thank you to everyone who has visited our Y over the last five weeks and have helped us by following these guidelines.
Your support has been greatly appreciated.
COVID-19 FACILITY CHANGES
- Our hours have been modified to allow for expanded cleaning and sanitizing.
- Hours at Mattoon will be 5 a.m.-1 p.m. and 3 p.m.-8 p.m. Monday through Friday
- 7 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday
- 12-4 p.m. on Sunday
- Hours at Toledo will be 5 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday through Friday
- 7 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday
- 12-4 p.m. on Sunday
- The number of people in the facility will be limited by the state. Staff will be monitoring check-ins to ensure that we do not exceed capacity.
- Several safety measures have been put in place, including shields at the front desk, additional sanitizing stations, etc.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available. Members are asked to sanitize their hands on a regular basis. We also encourage members to bring their own hand sanitizer.
- While members are not required to wear masks, they are encouraged to do so when they are not exercising. Staff will be wearing masks when they are interacting with members.
- Wellness Center will be open to members (no guest passes or Nationwide Membership usage)
- Youth members under age 16 MUST be under DIRECT SUPERVISION by an adult at ALL times. Members age 16 and up can use the facilities unsupervised.
- Only members ages 8 and up can use the Wellness Center.
- Equipment in the Wellness Center will be limited so that members can stay six feet apart.
- Members are asked not to spot other members when lifting weights.
- Members will be asked to clean equipment before AND after usage. Staff will also be present in the Wellness Center in order to clean and sanitize equipment on a regular basis.
- We will resume a modified indoor group fitness schedule. Class sizes will be limited due to social distancing requirements.
- Reservations are required. Download the Mattoon Area Family YMCA app to reserve your spot.
- Members are asked to bring their own exercise/yoga mats.
- Pool will be open for individual aquatics activities and aqua fitness classes, but reservations are required.
- Swimmers must register for lanes via the Mattoon Area Family YMCA app.
- Registration opens 72 hours in advance of that slot.
- Swimmers will be allowed to line up 5-10 minutes before their swim start.
- Swimmers will swim for 45 minutes, then exit the pool.
- Towels will NOT be available at the YMCA for use. Swimmers are asked to bring their own.
- Shared equipment (i.e. kickboards, pull buoys, noodles, water weights, etc.) will NOT be available for use.
- Walk-ins will only be accepted if there is a lane available in the pool that was not reserved.
- Members of the same household will be allowed to share a lane.
- Locker rooms and showers are available for members.
Gyms & Track
- Mattoon- Bock Gym will be limited to use by summer camp, pickleball and group fitness classes. Members can still access the walking track through Bock Gym. Neal Gym will be available for use by members 10+ if they are accompanied by an adult at ALL times.
- Toledo- North half court is used for pickleball and camp, middle half court is for open use and the south half court is used for group fitness.
- The track will be open, but members must maintain six feet of distance.
- No equipment will be available for checkout at the Welcome Desk. You may bring your own sports equipment (basketballs, etc.) for usage by your family.
- Locker rooms and showers will be open, and will be cleaned regularly.
- Individual changing rooms in Mattoon are reserved for use by summer campers.
- Lobby furniture and coffee station have been temporarily removed so that we can encourage social distancing and allow as many members as possible to access our facility.
- Towel service will not be provided. Please bring your own towels.
- Water fountains will be closed, but bottle fillers will be available.
Phase 3 of our reopening plan will align with Phase 5 Restore Illinois. Here’s what Phase 3 will look like:
- Group exercise class schedule, while still limited, will be expanded (based on financial resources, staffing availability and member needs).
- Child Watch will reopen.
- Guest passes and Nationwide Membership will resume.
- All areas of our facilities will operate with modified hours in order to allow increased cleaning and sanitization.
- Program changes will be communicated separately.
As you know, these plans can change at any time, depending upon state and local health requirements. While we can’t predict how long the COVID-19 crisis will last, or whether it will be necessary to close facilities and programs again in the future, we are committed to doing whatever is necessary to ensure your safety.
Please remember that all of this information is subject to change depending on regulations set forth by state agencies. We do not yet know the exact dates that Phases 2 and 3 will begin, so please follow us on Facebook and check your email for these announcements. We thank you for your patience and support as we work through these phases. We will keep you informed of any changes through Facebook, email, and the YMCA app.
If you have any questions or concerns about these reopening phases, please call (217) 234-9494 in Mattoon or (217) 235-2500 in Toledo. We’re SO happy to welcome you back. Together, we’re a better us.
Immediate membership financial assistance is available to anyone who suffered a job loss or other loss of income during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please see the welcome desk for a temporary assistance application.
If you have questions about your membership, please contact Hannah Robinson, Membership Director, at email@example.com.
SUPPORT OUR COMMUNITY
Make a charitable contribution to Membership for All through our annual Member Campaign. The Coronavirus has created enormous uncertainty in every sector, but most of all for those with fewer resources. You can play a vital role in helping us meet needs and help Coles and Cumberland County residents to heal and recover when this crisis is over. Click HERE to make a donation.
We deeply appreciate your understanding and patience as we navigate the challenging circumstances related to the Coronavirus. We want you to know that the Y is here for you and our community as we have been for the last 175 years.
Keeping your membership active will allow the Y to remain focused on our efforts to help keep the community strong during this pandemic. We are working diligently on plans and partnerships to provide needed programs and services including summer childcare and online health and fitness offerings.
For further information, please use the following links: