The Mattoon Area Family YMCA and Neal Center YMCA take the health and safety of our members, staff and community very seriously. In order to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19, we have committed to following IDPH and DCEO approved safety guidelines in our facilities. Complying with these mitigations allows us to maintain our pool and childcare licenses and keep our members safe and healthy. Our goal is to be able to continue to provide our community with opportunities for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, even through the pandemic.
Our current safety guidelines include:
- Masks are required when moving throughout the facility. They may be removed during exercise.
- Classes and equipment will be spaced to allow for social distancing. To check the location of your favorite class, click here.
- Members are required to use provided wipes to sanitize equipment before and after use.
- Frequent cleaning & sanitation by staff of equipment, touch points, locker rooms, restrooms and the facility.
- Members & staff are asked to stay home if exhibiting any symptoms.
- Reservations are required for cycling classes, TRX and Hot Yoga at the Mattoon Y, and pool lanes at the Neal Center Y.
At the Y, the safety of our members, staff and community are our first priority. We are committed to supporting our community during times of health, and during times of difficulty, by safely providing programs and services to promote a healthy mind, body and spirit for all.
HOURS OF OPERATION
MATTOON & TOLEDO
- 5 a.m.- 9 p.m. Monday through Friday
- 7 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday
- 12-4 p.m. on Sunday
As you know, these plans can change at any time, depending upon state and local health requirements. While we can’t predict whether it will be necessary to close facilities and programs again in the future, we are committed to doing whatever is necessary to ensure your safety.
Please remember that all of this information is subject to change depending on regulations set forth by state agencies. We thank you for your patience and support as we work through these phases. We will keep you informed of any changes through Facebook, email, and the YMCA app.
If you have any questions or concerns about these reopening phases, please call (217) 234-9494 in Mattoon or (217) 235-2500 in Toledo.
We’re SO happy to welcome you back. Together, we’re a better us.
SUPPORT OUR COMMUNITY
Make a charitable contribution to Membership for All through our annual Member Campaign. The Coronavirus has created enormous uncertainty in every sector, but most of all for those with fewer resources. You can play a vital role in helping us meet needs and help Coles and Cumberland County residents to heal and recover when this crisis is over. Click HERE to make a donation.
We deeply appreciate your understanding and patience as we navigated the challenging circumstances related to the Coronavirus. We want you to know that the Y is here for you and our community as we have been for the last 175 years.
For further information, please use the following links: