BEST SUMMER EVER!
FRIENDSHIP, BELONGING AND SKILL BUILDING
FUN FOR KIDS, PEACE OF MIND FOR YOU!
- Provide children with new and progressive opportunities and activities that are physically and mentally challenging.
- To encourage children to develop skills that allow them to build positive relationships with others.
- To give children a positive relationship with adult role models
- To provide opportunities to accept responsibility, develop leadership skills, cultivate positive self-image, and give service to others.
- To help youth appreciate and respect the earth and understand their responsibility for the stewardship of the global community.
Camp registration is done by the week. When registering you will be asked how many days your child will be a ending.
Camp Overview and Activities
Themed Weeks- Each week of camp brings a new theme. Activities will may follow the theme of the week.
Examples of themes: Super heroes, Animal Planet, Mad Science, Camp’s Got Talent.
- Water Activities Swimming is scheduled almost daily at the Y camp. If your child will partake in pool activities, they will need to bring swimwear.
- Gardening Campers have the opportunity to participate in the local community gardens through a partnership with a local non-profit called Fit-2-Serve.
- Library visits– Weekly trips to the Mattoon Public Library!
- Fitness Classes– We want to encourage physical fitness for our campers. As part of camp, the fitness classes offered will be tailored to the youth’s age group and developmental level.
- Field Trips– Each week our camp staff plan an exciting field trips that will offer fun and the opportunity to learn.
- Other outings: Our camp adds the spiritual element with a few visits to the First United Methodist Church where you will participate in a Sunday-School style lesson and activities. Nursing home visits are also on the agenda. The camp groups will participate with residents at our area nursing homes to help bridge genera ons. Activities will include games, crafts and reading.