BEST SUMMER EVER!
FRIENDSHIP, BELONGING AND SKILL BUILDING
FUN FOR KIDS, PEACE OF MIND FOR YOU! AVAILABLE AT MATTOON AND TOLEDO LOCATIONS- SUMMER 2019!
- Providing children with new and progressive opportunities and activities that are physically and mentally challenging.
- Encouraging children to develop skills that allow them to build positive relationships with others.
- Helping children build positive relationships with adult role models.
- Providing opportunities to accept responsibility, develop leadership skills, cultivate a positive self-image, and serve others.
- Helping youth appreciate and respect the earth and understand their responsibility for the stewardship of the global community.
6:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Parents are encouraged to register online and in advance in order to guarantee a spot for their child. Campers can attend one or more weeks each summer and do not have to attend every week. Parents are encouraged to register early in order to ensure that a spot is held for the weeks desired.
Camp Overview and Activities
Themed Weeks- Each week of camp brings a new theme such as Super Heroes, Animal Planet, Mad Science, and Camp’s Got Talent. Activities will may follow the theme of the week.
- Water Activities-Swimming is scheduled almost daily at the Y camp. If your child will partake in pool activities, they will need to bring swimwear.
- Gardening-Campers have the opportunity to participate in the local community gardens through a partnership with a local non-profit called Fit-2-Serve.
- Library Visits– Weekly trips to the Mattoon Public Library!
- Fitness Classes– We want to encourage physical fitness for our campers. As part of camp, the fitness classes offered will be tailored to the youth’s age group and developmental level.
- Field Trips– Each week our camp staff plan an exciting field trip that will offer fun and the opportunity to learn.
- Other Mattoon outings: Our camp adds the spiritual element with a few visits to the First United Methodist Church where campers will participate in a Sunday-School style lesson and activities. Nursing home visits are also on the agenda. The camp groups will participate in activities with residents at our area nursing homes to help bridge generations. Activities will include games, crafts and reading.
- We are currently seeking community partners in and around the Toledo area to make our new Neal Center YMCA Summer Camp AMAZING! If your business or organization would like to partner with us, please contact Kayla at (217) 234-9494.