Your child will make new friends, play, explore, learn and laugh all under the watchful eyes of our compassionate and highly-trained staff.
Our camp goal is to create kind and confident youth. We will do this by:
- Providing children with new and progressive opportunities and activities that are physically and mentally challenging.
- Encouraging children to develop skills that allow them to build positive relationships with others.
- Helping children build positive relationships with adult role models.
- Providing opportunities to accept responsibility, develop leadership skills, cultivate a positive self-image, and serve others.
- Helping youth appreciate and respect the earth and understand their responsibility for the stewardship of the global community.
Monday through Friday
6:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Parents must register online in advance in order to guarantee a spot for their child. Campers can attend one or more weeks each summer and do not have to attend every week. Parents are encouraged to register early in order to ensure that a spot is held for the weeks desired.
Full time- 100 spots
Part time- 20 spots
Camp Overview and Activities
Themed Weeks- Each week of camp brings a new theme such as Super Heroes, Animal Planet, Mad Science, and Camp’s Got Talent. Activities will may follow the theme of the week.
- Water Activities-Swimming is scheduled almost daily at the Y camp. If your child will partake in pool activities, they will need to bring swimwear.
- Gardening- Campers have the opportunity to participate in local community and on-site gardens.
- Library Visits– Mattoon campers enjoy weekly trips to the Mattoon Public Library!
- Fitness Classes– We want to encourage physical fitness for our campers. As part of camp, the fitness classes offered will be tailored to each camper’s age and developmental level.
- Field Trips– Each week our camp staff plan an exciting field trip that will offer fun and the opportunity to learn.
- Other outings- Our camp helps foster social responsibility in our children by taking trips to local churches and nursing homes.
- We are always seeking community partners in and around our communities who would love to help us make our Summer Camps AMAZING! If your business or organization would like to partner with us, please contact Kiyla at (217) 234-9494 or firstname.lastname@example.org.