Total wellness is about more than HIIT workouts and pumping iron. At the Y, we believe in healthy living for Mind, Soul, AND Body. The Total-Y Wellness Challenge helps you discover new ways to take care of yourself while you win prizes! The goal of the program is to complete as many daily missions within each dimension of wellness as possible. There are 10 daily missions to choose from (i.e. play a game, journaling, meet up with friends, and drink 8 glasses of water). As you go through the program, you might notice you’re stronger in some dimensions than others. We encourage you to try to get out of your comfort zone and explore all dimensions! As you complete missions, you will earn prizes listed below. This challenge is only open to members of the Mattoon or Neal Center YMCA.
- Each week you will pick up a new log in the lobby to track your progress. Logs will be made available by Friday of the week prior.
- Logs are required to be turned in each week by the following Monday (i.e. Week 1 log is due by Monday of week 2) to the front desk.
- You will receive exactly one point for every mission completed within a day’s time. For example, if the challenge is to read 20+ minutes, you must read at least 20 minutes within the day in order for the point to count. If you read for 40 minutes in one day, you still earn exactly 1 point.
- Missions can be completed multiple times throughout the challenge. However, only one point per mission, per day will be awarded. For example, if you take two relaxing baths in one day, you only receive one point. If you take a relaxing bath yesterday and today, you will receive one point for each day.
- This program is based on the honor system, but we ask that you not vary the challenges from how they’re listed. For example, if the challenge is to take a relaxing bath, a relaxing shower would not count.
- Missions do not have to take place at the Y. Because of this, you might not update your log sheet daily.
- Points cannot be called in over the phone or emailed.
- There are no minimum weekly requirements. We encourage you to accumulate as many points as possible, but there are no minimum restrictions that could remove you from the program.
PRIZES (awarded as you reach each point goal):
60 points = Guest pass
120 points = YMCA Cinch Bag
180 points = YMCA Towel
240 points = YMCA Tumbler, Mug or Shaker Bottle
Participants who accumulate 300 or more points over the course of the program will also be entered to win a free 3 month membership to the Y!