Our competitive swim teams always welcome new team members. Our teams work on increasing cardiovascular fitness, stroke development and training for competition with other area YMCA’s. The season runs mid-September through mid-March. Swim Team is open to Y members ages 5-21 and who can swim one pool length (25 yds.) freestyle and one pool length backstroke without tiring.
- Priority Registration- Previous participants have the opportunity to register prior to new participants.
- Swim Team Joining Fee- $30/child
- Monthly Fees range from $30-$40 depending on level
- Swimmers must be active members of the YMCA
- Registration MUST be done via monthly draft.
- 1-hour practice time per group
- Number of weekly practices varies by swim level- See FAQ’s for more info
- Strict Minimum Attendance Policy
- Each swimmer must meet 75% of their scheduled practices per month, or they could be ineligible to continue the next month.
Coaches have final discretion in determining swim levels. Due to social distancing guidelines, swimmers must be able to maintain pace in order to maintain proper distance from other swimmers in their lane.
Level 1: Swimmers with little to no swim team experience OR needing stroke development, rules for competitive swimming OR to build endurance.
Level 2: Swimmers who understand basic rules to competing as well as the basics of all 4 competitive strokes and can swim them legally. Able to repeatedly swim 50 yards without rest.
Level 3: Moderate stroke technique. Able to repeatedly swim 100+ yards without rest.
Level 4: High Experience and able to swim 200+ yard repeats without rest.