Our competitive swim teams always welcome new team members. Our teams work on increasing cardiovascular fitness, stroke development and training for competition with other area YMCA’s. The season runs mid-September through mid-March. Swim Team is open to Y members ages 5-21 and who can swim one pool length (25 yds.) freestyle and one pool length backstroke without tiring.
Registration Dates- 8/16/21-12/14/21
Regular Season Dates– 8/30/21-2/26/22
- Swimmers must have a YMCA membership (per YUSA rules). Membership can be cancelled at the end of the season.
- Swim Team Joining Fee- $30/child
- Monthly Fees- Level I/$50, Level II/$55, Level III/$65, Level IV/$70
- There is a $10/month multi-child discount
- Level I- Weds. & Fri. from 4:15-5 p.m.
- Level II- Weds. & Fri. from 4:15-5:15 p.m.
- Level III- Mon., Tues., Thurs. from 4:15-5:30 p.m.
- Level IV- Mon. thru Fr. from 4:15-5:30 p.m.
- Strict Minimum Attendance Policy
- Each swimmer must meet 75% of their scheduled practices per month, or they could be ineligible to continue the next month.
Coaches have final discretion in determining swim levels. Due to social distancing guidelines, swimmers must be able to maintain pace in order to maintain proper distance from other swimmers in their lane.
Level 1: Swimmers with little to no swim team experience OR needing stroke development, rules for competitive swimming OR to build endurance.
Level 2: Swimmers who understand basic rules to competing as well as the basics of all 4 competitive strokes and can swim them legally. Able to repeatedly swim 50 yards without rest.
Level 3: Moderate stroke technique. Able to repeatedly swim 100+ yards without rest.
Level 4: High Experience and able to swim 200+ yard repeats without rest.