OUR CAUSE DEFINES US.
OUR STRENGTH IS IN COMMUNITY.
OUR IMPACT IS FELT EVERY DAY.
Be part of a place where your work positively influences the lives of others, a place where you thrive in a values-based environment, a place where you are building a better future for yourself and your community.
Would you like to have the best summer ever? At the Y, we are passionate about youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. We’re looking for Summer Camp Counselors to help with our Summer Camp in Mattoon. Hours will be between 6:15am and 5:30pm Monday through Friday. Our Summer Camp staff is enthusiastic about youth development and provides a safe and fun environment for our participants. Staff also receive a free Y membership and the Y looks great on a resume! To apply, complete our application online and submit with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Camp Counselor
Provides direct supervision to a group of children in summer camp. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
- Implements program activities and supervises a group of children by preparing and leading group activities, working alongside camp partners, serving snacks, and clean up.
- Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values.
- Adheres to program safety and cleanliness standards. Maintain strict cleaning and sanitation schedule.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, incident/accident reporting, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Maintains positive relations and communication with youth, guardians, partners, and staff.
- Enforces appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures. Strives to provide for the safety of each child in his/her care.
- Administers basic First Aid as needed.
- Applies appropriate behavior management techniques.
Apply at https://mattoonymca.org/employment/
Be a part of something special! We’re looking for new team members to help keep our Y safe and beautiful. Our staff members get great benefits like a flexible schedule and a free membership. Facilities Crew members are responsible for cleaning the facility and maintaining equipment. He or she will work with other staff to ensure smooth operation of the YMCA by providing quality member service through member, guest, and facility supervision. Facilities Supervisors are responsible for the safety and wellness of all participants using the facility and grounds. The right candidate must be available evenings and weekends. To apply, complete our online application or email Austin at email@example.com.
- Completes all duties listed on the daily cleaning and maintenance schedule. Duties include, but are not limited to, wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing as scheduled, painting, vacuuming carpeted areas and walk off mats, laundering of towels, spot clean Wellness Center equipment & floors, clean all areas as directed, seasonal activities dealing with maintaining clean grounds, lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning.
- Interacts with members and potential members by conducting building tours and Wellness Center orientations.
- Interacts with members and visitors to ensure YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Enforce YMCA Code of Conduct & Discipline Policy; completes accident/incident reports as needed.
- Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment including floor scrubber and power washer.
- Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
- Set up furniture/equipment for programs, meetings, events, and rentals.
- Completes Aquatic Quick Checks & Building Sweeps to maintain safe environment
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid drivers license
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Requirements within 30 days of hire include: CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens; Sexual Harassment Awareness training, DCFS Mandated Abuse Reporter.
- Completion of all required safety trainings/renewals.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
- Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 30 feet.
- Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Must be physically capable of accessing all areas of facility – indoors & outdoors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.