OUR CAUSE DEFINES US.
OUR STRENGTH IS IN COMMUNITY. OUR IMPACT IS FELT EVERY DAY.
Be part of a place where your work positively influences the lives of others, a place where you thrive in a values-based environment, a place where you are building a better future for yourself and your community.
We’re look for part-time Group Fitness Instructors! If you are passionate about wellness and healthy living, and want to be part of a fun, encouraging team, then this is for YOU! YMCA Group Fitness Instructor lead group classes and provide excellent service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1. Leads group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
2. Conducts energizing, fun, safe, and educational classes.
3. Builds effective relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA.
4. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
5. Keeps accurate class attendance records.
6. Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
7. Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
1. Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED- YMCA WILL PROVIDE
2. National certification (ACE, NETA, AFAA, NASM) in group fitness instruction or YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise certification preferred, but NOT REQUIRED.
3. Certification in areas of expertise for specialty classes only.
4. Completion of the following eLearning courses within 60 days of hire:
a. Orientation to Healthy Living at the Y
b. Foundations of Listen First
c. Principles of Member Health & Wellness
d. Group Exercise at the Y
5. At least one year of experience teaching group wellness classes preferred, but NOT REQUIRED.
6. Completion of all required safety trainings.
1. Ability to conduct classes and activities relating to fitness.
2. Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
To apply, fill out the application on-line, or stop by the YMCA Welcome Desk. For more information, contact Emily Hayden or Cadi Nuzzo at (217) 234-9494, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the YMCA, we provide opportunities for Youth Development for ALL kids! Our Homeschool Program is the only one like it in our region, and we are thrilled to be bringing it to the Neal Center YMCA in the Spring of 2020.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Review play area and equipment to assure a safe environment
- Assure that the program begins on time and the activities are running as scheduled
- Assure that participants are following the rules of the program and sport
- Be familiar with the block plans and lesson plans for each days activities
- Assure that the program is conducted following the YMCA core values
- Have basic knowledge of the sports that are being taught and know the rules
- Have a basic knowledge of the drills and know how to explain and demonstrate them
- Assure that the program is conducted in a safe environment
- Talk with the parents of specific situations with their children
- Assure that all participants are being included
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Minimum age 16.
- Knowledge of Sports and YMCA rules.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date. Complete all required staff safety trainings.
- Must consent to and complete a Background Check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by am employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk: run; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more weight. If individual must lift and/or move weight beyond their ability, they must ask for assistance from another staff member. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply, complete the application online, or stop by the Welcome Desk at either the Mattoon or Neal Center YMCA. For more information, contact Sarah Dowell at (217) 234-9494 or email@example.com.
We are hiring lifeguards for our indoor pool. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Hours will vary from early morning, afternoon and evening hours, including weekends. Applicants need to be certified through the American Red Cross as a lifeguard, or an equivalent. For more information on this position, please contact Austin Birch, Aquatics Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 234-9494
What you’ll do:
- Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area.
- Knows/review/practices all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related accident/incident reports as required.
- Maintains effective relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
- Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
- Performs chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as required, and takes appropriate action.
- Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
- Communicates any problems or member communications to Aquatic Director immediately.
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum age of 18.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification.
- YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification.
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
- Ability to pass lifeguard water test.
- Must be able to remain alert.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Adequate ability to hear noises and distinguish distress signals.
- Ability to continuously scan all areas of the pool with clear vision.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical tasks necessary for a water rescue.
- Ability to communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.