OUR CAUSE DEFINES US.
OUR STRENGTH IS IN COMMUNITY. OUR IMPACT IS FELT EVERY DAY.
Be part of a place where your work positively influences the lives of others, a place where you thrive in a values-based environment, a place where you are building a better future for yourself and your community.
We are looking for a part-time Membership Engagement Specialist to join our dedicated team! You’ll enjoy working with a passionate staff and taking advantage of many benefits- including a free membership! The perfect candidate will have flexible availability, including weekends, and would be willing to occasionally fill in at the Neal Center YMCA in Toledo.
What You’ll Do:
Delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants by greeting every person as they enter the facility, registering participants for membership and programs, accurately handling payment transactions, and promoting and providing information about programs and membership.
- Greet every member throughout the facility, preferably by name.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the branch and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Interviews and/or tours prospective members; sells memberships.
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with one another and to the YMCA.
- Registers members for programs and membership and accurately enters transactions using DAXKO computer system.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns using positive can do attitude and exercising good judgment-making skills.
- Informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Prepares incident/accident reports per established Y risk management procedures.
- Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
- Attends staff meetings and stays up to date on all programs and events at or associated with the Y.
- Distributes locker keys, towels, and sports equipment.
- Conducts Aquatic/Locker Room checks.
- Keeps lobby and Welcome Desk area clean and performs light housekeeping duties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and First Aid.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- Maintains a professional appearance and communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Display ability to learn and understand DAXKO computer system.
- Completion of all required safety trainings.
- Frequent sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
- Occasional push/pull/carry/lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations.
To apply, complete online application or contact Hannah at email@example.com
What You’ll Do:
Works with other staff to insure smooth operation of the YMCA. Provides quality member service through facility and staff supervision. Responsible for the safety and wellness of all participants using the facility and grounds. Maintains facility and grounds including cleaning and general maintenance.
- Completes all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. Duties include, but are not limited to, wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing as scheduled, painting, vacuuming carpeted areas and walk off mats, laundry, spot clean Wellness Center equipment & floors, clean all areas as directed, seasonal activities dealing with maintaining clean grounds, lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning.
- Monitor member behavior. Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
- Enforce YMCA Code of Conduct & Discipline Policy.
- General maintenance of lighting and HVAC systems.
- Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
- Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
- Set up furniture/equipment for programs, meetings, events, and rentals.
- Completes Aquatic Quick Checks & Building Sweeps to maintain safe environment
- Launder towels by operating washer and dryer.
- Spot clean floor, windows, and equipment in Wellness Center.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- High School Diploma and 1-2 years of college or equivalent experience.
- Valid drivers license
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications required within 30 days of employment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Completion of all required staff safety trainings.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
- Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 30 feet.
- Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Must be physically capable of accessing all areas of facility – indoors & outdoors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
To apply, complete online application or contact Vince at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are hiring lifeguards for our indoor pool. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Hours will vary from early morning, afternoon and evening hours, including weekends. Applicants need to be certified through the American Red Cross as a lifeguard, or an equivalent. For more information on this position, please contact Austin Birch, Aquatics Director, at email@example.com or (217) 234-9494
What you’ll do:
- Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area.
- Knows/review/practices all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related accident/incident reports as required.
- Maintains effective relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
- Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
- Performs chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as required, and takes appropriate action.
- Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
- Communicates any problems or member communications to Aquatic Director immediately.
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum age of 18.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification.
- YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification.
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
- Ability to pass lifeguard water test.
- Must be able to remain alert.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Adequate ability to hear noises and distinguish distress signals.
- Ability to continuously scan all areas of the pool with clear vision.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical tasks necessary for a water rescue.
- Ability to communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.