OUR CAUSE DEFINES US.
OUR STRENGTH IS IN COMMUNITY. OUR IMPACT IS FELT EVERY DAY.
Be part of a place where your work positively influences the lives of others, a place where you thrive in a values-based environment, a place where you are building a better future for yourself and your community.
The Mattoon Area Family YMCA is currently seeking applicants for our Before & After School Team!
Hours for the Before School Program are 6:15-8 AM. After school is 2:50-5:30 PM. Current openings are for Mondays and Wednesdays. The programs are held in local schools.
Our Before & After School team members provide direct supervision to a group of children in a before and after school program, summer camp, and days out program. We’re looking for team members who will provide a quality experience to children and parents that focus on the YMCA core values: honesty, respect, responsibility, and caring.
What You’ll Do:
- Assists in planning and organizing the schedule, including preparing and leading group activities, serving snacks, and clean up.
- Supervises a group of children.
- Plans and implements program activities that are culturally relevant, developmentally appropriate and consistent with YMCA core values.
- Adheres to program standards including safety and cleanliness standards.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
- Maintains positive relations and communication with parents, school personnel and other staff.
- Enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures.
- Administer basic First Aid as needed.
- Endeavors to provide for the safety of each child in his/her care.
- Applies appropriate behavior management techniques.
- Performs other duties for the betterment of the program as needed or directed.
- High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Meets educational and experience qualifications established by the Mattoon Area Family YMCA.
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience with diverse populations.
- Complete all required staff safety trainings.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings. Auditory and visual ability to respond to critical incidents.
Frequent sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
Occasional push/pull/carry/lift up to 25 lbs.
Ability to respond to emergency situations.
Please complete the application online. For more information, contact Kayla Kerner at (217) 234-9494 or email@example.com.
We’re look for part-time Yoga Instructors! If you are passionate about wellness and healthy living, and want to be part of a fun, encouraging team, then this is for YOU! YMCA Group Fitness Instructor lead group classes and provide excellent service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment that promotes member wellness and engagement in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
1. Leads group classes, as directed by the supervisor, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals.
2. Conducts energizing, fun, safe, and educational classes.
3. Builds effective relationships with members; helps members connect with each other and the YMCA.
4. Maintains working knowledge of wellness and trends to provide effective information and support to members.
5. Keeps accurate class attendance records.
6. Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
7. Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
1. Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED- YMCA WILL PROVIDE
2. National certification (ACE, NETA, AFAA, NASM) in group fitness instruction or YMCA Foundations of Group Exercise certification preferred, but NOT REQUIRED.
3. Certification in areas of expertise for specialty classes only.
4. Completion of the following eLearning courses within 60 days of hire:
a. Orientation to Healthy Living at the Y
b. Foundations of Listen First
c. Principles of Member Health & Wellness
d. Group Exercise at the Y
5. At least one year of experience teaching group wellness classes preferred, but NOT REQUIRED.
6. Completion of all required safety trainings.
1. Ability to conduct classes and activities relating to fitness.
2. Ability to perform all physical aspects of the position; including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting.
To apply, fill out the application on-line, or stop by the YMCA Welcome Desk. For more information, contact Emily Hayden or Cadi Nuzzo at (217) 234-9494, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are hiring lifeguards for our indoor pool. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. Hours will vary from early morning, afternoon and evening hours, including weekends. Applicants need to be certified through the American Red Cross as a lifeguard, or an equivalent. For more information on this position, please contact Austin Birch, Aquatics Director, at email@example.com or (217) 234-9494
What you’ll do:
- Maintains constant surveillance of the pool area.
- Knows/review/practices all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. Completes related accident/incident reports as required.
- Maintains effective relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
- Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
- Performs chemical testing at appropriate times of the day, as required, and takes appropriate action.
- Attends all staff meetings and training as required.
- Communicates any problems or member communications to Aquatic Director immediately.
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Minimum age of 18.
- Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification.
- YMCA or American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification.
- Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness.
- Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
- Ability to pass lifeguard water test.
- Must be able to remain alert.
- Must be able to sit or stand for extended periods.
- Adequate ability to hear noises and distinguish distress signals.
- Ability to continuously scan all areas of the pool with clear vision.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical tasks necessary for a water rescue.
- Ability to communicate verbally, including projecting voice across distance in normal and loud situations.