Do you want to be a part of a team that cares about youth development, healthy living and social responsibility? The Mattoon Area Family YMCA is seeking Facility Crew members to join our team and help keep members safe and healthy. The Y community is unlike any other. Our employees are committed to our cause and are enthusiastic about their jobs. Candidates MUST be available to work evenings and weekends.
Responsible for cleaning the facility and maintaining equipment. Works with other staff to ensure smooth operation of the YMCA by providing quality member service through member, guest, and facility supervision. Responsible for the safety and wellness of all participants using the facility and grounds.
1. Completes all duties listed on the daily cleaning and maintenance schedule. Duties include, but are not limited to, wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing as scheduled, painting, vacuuming carpeted areas and walk off mats, laundering of towels, spot clean Wellness Center equipment & floors, clean all areas as directed, seasonal activities dealing with maintaining clean grounds, lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning.
2. Interacts with members and potential members by conducting building tours and Wellness Center orientations.
3. Interacts with members and visitors to ensure YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to supervisor.
4. Enforce YMCA Code of Conduct & Discipline Policy.
5. Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment including floor scrubber and power washer.
6. Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
7. Set up furniture/equipment for programs, meetings, events, and rentals.
8. Completes Aquatic Quick Checks & Building Sweeps to maintain safe environment
9. Other duties as assigned.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid drivers license
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications required within 30 days of employment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Completion of all required staff safety trainings.
1. Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
- Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 30 feet.
- Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Must be physically capable of accessing all areas of facility – indoors & outdoors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: climb stairs, bend, stoop, kneel, twist, reach with hands, sit, stand for an extended period of time, climb ladders, walk, shovel snow, plow snow, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, have finger dexterity, grasp, perform repetitive motions, talk, hear and have visual acuity.
TO APPLY, COMPLETE APPLICATION AND SUBMIT TO VINCE REED AT VREED@MATTOONYMCA.ORG.