OUR CAUSE DEFINES US.
OUR STRENGTH IS IN COMMUNITY. OUR IMPACT IS FELT EVERY DAY.
Be part of a place where your work positively influences the lives of others, a place where you thrive in a values-based environment, a place where you are building a better future for yourself and your community.
We are looking to fill a variety of positions to help in our youth sports programs. These include the seasons of soccer (indoor and outdoor) and basketball. Sports seasons vary throughout the year with games being played on Saturdays and/or weekday nights. For more information, please feel free to contact Beau at email@example.com.
We are currently seeking a morning and an evening Facility Supervisor. Applicants for the morning position will have availability on weekdays, and some weekends, from 6-9 am. Applicants for the evening position should have weekday, and some weekend, availability from afternoon-closing. This position includes but is not limited to: maintaining and cleaning our Y, laundering towels, light equipment maintenance and monitoring the Y so that our members are getting a great experience with each visit. This is done through constant movement through our Y while also having intentional interaction with our members. The right person for this position will enjoy working with people of all ages and be a positive role model to our younger members.
To apply, please fill out an employment application and return to the attention of Vince Reed at the front desk, or email a completed application to Vince Reed, Facility Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are hiring lifeguards for our indoor pool. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, be responsible and have the ability of making clear decisions while on the pool deck or in the pool. Hours will vary from early morning, afternoon and evening hours, including weekends. Applicants need to be certified through the American Red Cross as a lifeguard, or an equivalent. For more information on this position, please contact Austin at (217) 234-9494.
We are seeking a certified personal trainer to design programs specific to client’s fitness goals. The ideal candidate will be passionate about being part of our members’ fitness journeys. He/she will provide excellent service to members in a safe, enjoyable, and positive environment. NCCA accredited Personal Training Certification required. For consideration for this position, please email a completed employment application form to Emily Hayden, Wellness Director, at email@example.com or drop off a completed application to the Mattoon Family Area YMCA welcome desk.
What you’ll do:
- Cultivate and develop relationships with members and assist them in making healthy lifestyle choices, build self-esteem, and build commitment to the YMCA.
- Implement a personalized fitness program and training techniques. Provide follow up and encouragement to motivate long term commitment.
- Supervise and instruct on exercise technique on a one-on-one basis.
- Creatively and enthusiastically motivate others to change their lifestyle.
- Provide member with motivation and positive feedback on performance.
- Respond to member concerns and problems in a timely basis. Maintain professional rapport with all members and staff and ensure member satisfaction.
- Keep all client files, records, and handouts updated.
What you need to succeed:
- Be at least 20 years of age and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in physiology or related field preferred.
- National Personal Training Certification (NSCA, ACSM, ACE, NEITA, AAAI).
- Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to engage members and build rapport.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Maintain knowledge of trends in wellness, fitness and healthy lifestyles.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills; possess a passion for member service, building and maintaining a culture of member service excellence
We are currently seeking a Part Time Facility Supervisor at our Toledo Neal Center Location. For consideration for this position, please email a completed employment application form to Hannah Robinson, Membership & Facility Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off a completed application to the Mattoon Family Area YMCA welcome desk.
What you’ll do:
- Provides quality member service through facility and staff supervision.
- Responsible for the safety and wellness of all participants using the facility and grounds. Completes all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment.
- Clean all areas as directed,
- Seasonal activities dealing with maintaining clean grounds, i.e. lawn care and snow removal maintenance of lighting and HVAC system
- Program and rental set up
- Operate related motorized and non–motorized equipment
- Other duties as assigned
*Must be able to carry out physical demands as needed.
What you need to succeed:
- High School Diploma and 1-2 years of college or equivalent experience.
- Valid drivers license
- CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications required within 30 days of employment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Completion of all required staff safety trainings.
We are currently seeking a Member Engagement Specialist at our Toledo Neal Center Location. For consideration for this position, please email a completed employment application form to Hannah Robinson, Membership & Facility Coordinator, at email@example.com or drop off a completed application to the Mattoon Family Area YMCA welcome desk.
What you’ll do:
- Connect and deliver excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants Greet every person as they enter the facility
- Register participants for membership and programs using DAXKO system
- Accurately handle payment transactions
- Promote and provide information about programs and memberships
- Handle and resolve membership concerns
- Prepare incident/accident reports per Y management procedures
- Attend staff meetings
- Stay up to date on all programs and events
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR, AED, and First Aid.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- Maintains a professional appearance and communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Display ability to learn and understand DAXKO computer system.
- Completion of all required safety trainings.