At the Y, we change lives every day! We’re looking for the ultimate people-person to join our team. If you have awesome customer service and problem-solving skills, we want you to apply today as a part-time Member Engagement Specialist.
The perfect candidate will be able to work in our Mattoon AND Toledo locations and will be available 10-20 hours a week. Hour will vary Monday through Friday between 7 am-8 pm, Saturdays between 7 am-5 pm and Sundays between 12-4 pm. Hours will vary.
Our Member Engagement Specialists deliver excellent service to all members, guests, and program participants by greeting every person as they enter the facility, registering participants for membership and programs, accurately handling payment transactions, and promoting and providing information about programs and membership. For more information, contact Sarah Dowell at (217) 234-9494 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Builds relationships with members; by greeting every member throughout the facility,
preferably by name and helping members connect with the YMCA.
2. Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the branch
and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
3. Interviews and/or tours prospective members; sells memberships.
4. Registers members for programs and membership and accurately enters transactions
using DAXKO computer system.
5. Handles and resolves membership concerns using positive can do attitude and exercising
good judgment-making skills.
6. Informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
7. Communicates member concerns and equipment/facility related issues with Facility
8. Prepares incident/accident reports per established Y risk management procedures.
9. Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
10. Stays up to date on all programs and events at or associated with the Y by staying
current with “Front Desk Info & How To” Google doc, reading emails and attending staff
11. Assists with inventory of re-sale merchandise and supplies.
12. Keeps lobby and Welcome Desk area clean and performs light housekeeping duties as
13. Other duties as assigned.
- Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective,
supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising. Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions,
and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
- Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better
member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
2. Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
3. Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
4. Maintains a professional appearance and communication skills.
5. Basic knowledge of computers.
6. Display ability to learn and understand DAXKO computer system.
7. Requirements within 30 days of hire include: CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne
Pathogens; Sexual Harassment Awareness training, DCFS Mandated Abuse Reporter.
8. Completion of all required safety trainings/renewals.
Frequent sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time.
Occasional push/pull/carry/lift up to 25 lbs.
Ability to respond to emergency situations.